Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DO YOU BELIEVE?

I don't know why I do....but I love this town.

I moved here in 1981, attended and graduated from Ferndale High School in 1985, and watched this city got through many changes. I know I haven't been here as long as some people, but I do love this town. So does my mother who still lives here. So did my Dad who started the Woodward Dream Cruise here in Ferndale by caring enough to raise money to build a soccer field for kids.

I love this town. And I just don't think you need to run out 1/3 to 1/2 of its population by raising taxes in order to make it better. Ferndale has survived some rough times and God willing we will this time too.

I just don't think a huge tax increase is the solution. It seems to me like the easy way out. Getting through this will be hard. There is no doubt. But we have to do it while maintaining our residents as best we can. We will lose enough to attrition as it is....we do not need to add to it.

I believe in Ferndale. Do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment